Witches almost at full strength
Ipswich Witches will be without wonder kid Linus Sundstrom when they ride Newcastle in the promotion/relegation play-off final next week.
But apart from the young Swede who has regularly made double figure scores when doubling up from Rye House for the Witches, the Elite League club will be at full strength against their Premier League opponents.
The top five of Scott Nicholls, Chris Slabon, Daniel King, Ales Dryml and Robert Miskowiak have been programmed for the meeting at Brough Park on Sunday (start 6.30pm) and the second leg at Foxhall Stadium next Thursday (start 7.30pm).
Dawid Stachyra is down to ride in both meetings as well with Richie Hawkins his reserve partner on Sunday and Kozza Smith for the home meeting.
Ipswich are offering free entry to children Under-16 next Thursday – as long as they have a voucher from the Evening Star and are dressed in Halloween costume.
You may also want to watch:
Witches director of speedway Chris Louis said: “We’re the Witches and this is the biggest meeting of our season as we battle to maintain our Elite League status.
“We have been warned that Newcastle won’t be taking this lightly so we need all the help we can get!
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
“It’s a bit of fun and all the kids who get involved will be invited to the infield at the interval for Witches skipper Danny King to pick the top three.
“They will each receiving a voucher to spend in Toy Attic, Heath Road, Ipswich - with the winner also being presented with a junior season ticket for 2011.”