Witham MP visits Essex Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Priti Patel, MP for Witham, visited the Essex Air Ambulance base in her constituency to see how it was spending money given to it by the government from banking fines.
The Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust (EHAAT), based in Earls Colne, received £1.5million in LIBOR fines announced in the March 2015 budget when Ms Patel was a Treasury secretary.
Following the visit Ms Patel said: “I was delighted to visit the Essex Air Ambulance and hear of the outstanding work undertaken by the dedicated team of doctors, paramedics, pilots and support staff who save lives on a daily basis.
“This life-saving service provided by the air ambulance can never be undervalued, it is vital the people of the Witham constituency and Essex continue to support this vital service so it can continue to be there for the people who need it.”
Jane Gurney, chief executive at EHAAT, said: “It was a real privilege to welcome Priti Patel to meet with our staff and air crew.
“It was a wonderful opportunity to showcase the life-saving service we provide in the county and to offer Ms Patel more insight into the excellence of our doctors, paramedics and skilled pilots.
“Ms Patel was extremely supportive of the hard work we undertake as a charity and we would like to thank her whole-heartedly for taking the time to visit us.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 10 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'