Witnesses sought to attempted distraction burglary
WITNESSES are being sought following an attempted distraction burglary at a pensioner’s home in Tattingstone.
It took place at a house in The Heath at around 12.30pm on September 23 and police have issued an e-fit of a man they want to speak to in relation to the incident.
A man approached a 78 year old man as he returned to his house, stating he was from the water board and needed to check the kitchen taps as a neighbour’s new kitchen was causing problems with the supply.
The man asked for ID and was shown a card, but he remained suspicious and turned the visitor away.
The visitor walked off and met up with a second man in the street before both walked off.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as white, in his late teens, of slim build, around 5 foot 10 inches tall with short dark curly hair and was wearing a t-shirt, dark blue jeans and dark coloured trainers.
The second man is described as white, in his late 40s, of stocky build, 5 foot 6 inches tall with short light brown greying and thinning hair and was wearing a denim jacket.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Scott Moledina at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.