Wizard of Oz panto stars meet families at the Arc shopping centre in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Families got the chance to follow the yellow brick road and meet characters from the Wizard of Oz in Bury St Edmunds this week.
Dorothy was on hand to meet children at the Arc shopping centre on Tuesday, along with the tin man, lion and scarecrow, before performing in the Wizard of Oz panto at the Apex.
There was also the opportunity for kids to have fun along the yellow brick road in Charter Square and meet Glinda the giant good witch for a photograph.
The winner of the guess how many bricks in the yellow brick road competition was Ruby Hart, who won a £50 gift voucher for her favourite store Smiggle.
Colin Roberts, centre manager at the Arc, said: “We were so excited about the special guests visiting this Easter.
You may also want to watch:
“We love hosting fun events that can be really enjoyed by the whole family during the holidays.
“We can’t wait to announce the exciting visitors we have coming up too for May half-term and the summer holidays.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon