Wolves champs as Russell admits defeat
WOLVERHAMPTON are the new Elite League champions after a 95-90 aggregate win over Swindon in the Grand Final.Freddie Lindgren and Tai Woffinden top scored with 10-points each in the 52-41 defeat on the night.
WOLVERHAMPTON are the new Elite League champions after a 95-90 aggregate win over Swindon in the Grand Final.
Freddie Lindgren and Tai Woffinden top scored with 10-points each in the 52-41 defeat on the night.
Skipper Peter Karlsson said: "It's a great feeling, I'm hurting now because of my collarbone injury but it's all been worth it. I'm very pleased for everyone connected with the club."
Meanwhile Swindon co-owner Terry Russell admits the Robins lost the Elite League title in the first leg at Wolves.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When we suffered a 16-point defeat up at Monmore Green it was a critical blow.
“We did all we could to turn it around but it was just too much for us in the end. Congratulations to Wolverhampton, they rode very well and were the better team over two legs.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham