Woman changes name to ‘I hate Thomas Cook’ after holiday mix-up
IPSWICH: An Ipswich woman has changed her name by deed poll – after a snag over her holiday plans.
Austin Kettle, who lives in Whitton, now answers to ‘Mrs Lorraine Darla I Hate Thomas Cook And It’s Associates Big Shot Company Treading On The Little Guy Leeks’ after an issue surrounding her honeymoon booking with the travel agent.
The 26-year-old, who is due to marry next February, booked the trip of a lifetime to Gambia in her married name of Leeks but later realised that she would not have enough time to change the name on her passport before she and her new husband set off to celebrate married life together.
When she realised the mistake, she contacted Thomas Cook – with whom the booking had been made – and was advised that she would have to pay a fee to remedy the problem.
After refusing to do so, Mrs Leeks reacted in bizarre fashion and changed her name – including her first name which she switched from Austin to Lorraine.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I wasn’t angry with Thomas Cook – at first I was a bit upset but it was just a bit of a crazy moment and I decided to do it. I think my fiance thinks I am crazy.
“The amusing thing is my fiance will have to say my new name during the wedding ceremony.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
She changed her name using The Legal Deed Poll Service and said she had no regrets.
A spokeswoman for Thomas Cook said: “Our sales consultants are trained to give accurate advice.
“All customers are advised that the name on their booking must match the name on their passport.”
n Would you change your name? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com