Woman died from 'compression to neck'
VIDEO Suffolk police have this morning confirmed that one of the two women found at Levington on Tuesday died from "compression to the neck".The case is being treated as murder.
SUFFOLK police this morning revealed that one of the women found dead near Levington on Tuesday was murdered and died as a result of “compression to the neck.”
But they have not yet disclosed the identity of the woman. Post-mortem tests are due to take place on the body of the second woman in the next few hours.
It is believed the two bodies are those of missing prostitutes Paula Clennell, 24, and Annette Nicholls, 29.
At this morning's press conference, Detective Chief Superintendent Stewart Gull said: “We are advised by the pathologist that the woman died as a result of compression to the neck. Her death is being treated as murder.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “As we speak, formal identification of the body is still taking place.
“The body of another woman found near Levington remains at the site and is likely to be recovered later today. It too will be the subject of a Home Office post mortem examination.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight