Woman dies as car hits tree
By Juliette MaxamA WOMAN died when her car left the road and ploughed into a tree.The woman was driving a blue MG ZR along Colchester Road, Peldon, yesterday afternoon when the car left the road and struck a tree.
By Juliette Maxam
A WOMAN died when her car left the road and ploughed into a tree.
The woman was driving a blue MG ZR along Colchester Road, Peldon, yesterday afternoon when the car left the road and struck a tree. No other vehicles or people were involved.
Essex Ambulance Service sent the air ambulance, a land ambulance, a BASICS doctor, an operational manager and an emergency response car, but paramedics and doctors could not save the woman, who was declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The accident happened at 3.20pm and emergency services, including traffic accident investigators, remained at the site for more than five hours, trying to piece together what had happened and clear up the wreckage.
In a separate accident, a French woman lorry driver had what police described as “a remarkable escape from death” when she was thrown out of an open side window after a crash involving a tipper truck on the A120 at Coggeshall.
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 8 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
The accident happened at the junction of the Colchester-bound track of the A120 at 2.25pm yesterday. The French lorry was joining the road and the tipper truck was travelling towards Colchester.
The French lorry driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was thrown out of the lorry through the open door window.
She was taken to Colchester General Hospital for treatment to a broken clavicle and a deep cut to her forehead. The tipper truck driver, a 57-year-old man from Colchester, was shocked but unhurt.
Emergency services were also called to another accident in Morant Road, Colchester, at 3.15pm yesterday.
Two middle-aged women were taken to Colchester General Hospital with slight injuries after a collision between a Fiat Punto and a Peugeot 106, which resulted in the Punto landing upside down.
Anyone with information about the Peldon fatal accident should contact Stanway traffic police on 01206 762512.