Woman in hospital after A12 crash
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital today after a collision in a lay-by of the A12.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a collision in a lay-by of the A12.
The accident happened near Stratford St Mary at just before 12.15am on Saturdaywhen paramedics were called to a report that a car had collided with a woman.
The 45-year-old is believed to have been sitting in the lay-by, possibly with her feet reaching onto the main carriageway, when a car collided with her.
A police spokesman said it is not known why she was in the lay-by.
She suffered minor leg injuries and was taken to Colchester Hospital, but her injuries were not life threatening.
Suffolk police were continuing to investigate the accident later this morning, however there were no road closures.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
Anyone with information about the accident should call Suffolk Constabulary's collision investigation team on 01473 613500.