Woman in hospital after A12 crash
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital today after a collision in a lay-by of the A12.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a collision in a lay-by of the A12.
The accident happened near Stratford St Mary at just before 12.15am on Saturdaywhen paramedics were called to a report that a car had collided with a woman.
The 45-year-old is believed to have been sitting in the lay-by, possibly with her feet reaching onto the main carriageway, when a car collided with her.
A police spokesman said it is not known why she was in the lay-by.
You may also want to watch:
She suffered minor leg injuries and was taken to Colchester Hospital, but her injuries were not life threatening.
Suffolk police were continuing to investigate the accident later this morning, however there were no road closures.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Anyone with information about the accident should call Suffolk Constabulary's collision investigation team on 01473 613500.