Woman pushed over and kicked on the ground by gang of teenagers during robbery on Clacton seafront
A woman was pushed over and kicked while on the ground by a gang of teenagers during a robbery in Clacton on Friday.
The victim was walking from Clacton Railway Station along the seafront, towards the Martello restaurant, at around 6.30pm on Friday, July 28, when she was pushed and fell to the floor.
Her hair was grabbed and her head hit the pavement.
She was then kicked while on the ground a number of times in the back and the belly.
She also reported at one point feeling a foot on her head.
During the attack her iPhone6 plus was stolen, as was a multi-coloured wallet containing three figure sum of cash.
Following the assault, the victim was treated in hospital for her injuries although the were not life-threatening or believed to be life-changing.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
Police believe there are four suspects, two boys and two girls - all aged 16 or in their late teens.
The victim described the suspects as white, with tanned skin and said both girls had dyed blonde hair.
One of the boys wore a black baseball cap, which had a white motif on the front of a backwards and forwards facing ‘C’.
Another suspect wore a black or blue Adidas hooded top with white stripes
One suspect was said to be 5ft 5ins tall and of average build.
A boy from the group, who reportedly rummaged through the victim’s bag, was described as tall and slim wearing faded blue jeans.
If you have any information that could assist police with their investigation call Clacton CID on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.