Woman suffers ‘life-threatening’ injuries in blaze
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries following a fire at a property in Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called to a home in London Road South at 6.12pm today.
Crews from Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft attended and on arrival discovered a fire in the ground floor of the property.
One casualty was rescued by the fire service and crews used two hose reel jets to tackle the flames.
The fire was extinguished at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “On arrival officers reported people trapped inside the property.
“A woman was rescued from the building but was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
There were also reports of traffic delays in London Road South as a result of the incident.