Woodbridge heap more misery on Wanderers
Ridgeons League Premier DivisionWoodbridge Town 2 Ipswich Wanderers 1WOODBRIDGE recorded a double over already-relegated rivals Ipswich Wanderers in a low-key end of season encounter last night.
Ridgeons League Premier Division
Woodbridge Town 2 Ipswich Wanderers 1
WOODBRIDGE recorded a double over already-relegated rivals Ipswich Wanderers in a low-key end of season encounter last night.
Wanderers deservedly took the lead midway through the first half when Darren Mills leapt well to head home a left wing free kick taken by Curtis Hayne-Brown. The lead lasted just five minutes before Ben Seaman and Luke Read swapped passes and Read's low-shot was turned home by Lee O'Neill.
Seaman saw his shot blocked but when the ball was headed back into his path he scored what proved to be the winner with a crisp right-foot shot across the keeper in the 65th minute.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich