New ideas sought for Woodbridge skatepark expansion plans
Woodbridge’s popular skatepark could be set for a makeover following the renovation of the Deben Leisure Centre.
The skatepark was built 10 years ago in partnership with the local community, Woodbridge Town Council, Just 42 and Suffolk Coastal District Council.
The centre recently underwent a £3 million revamp and as a result the area immediately behind the leisure centre became vacant.
This space has now been earmarked to expand the space available at Woodbridge Skatepark.
The council are now looking for ideas as to how to use this extra space for the park.
TJ Haworth-Culf, Suffolk Coastal Cabinet Member with responsibility for customers, communities and leisure, said: “Woodbridge Skatepark has now been open for a decade and it has proven very popular with young people of all ages and abilities.
“We have been given this fantastic opportunity to expand the area, and we want the views of the people who use it. So if you have an idea, it doesn’t matter how big or small, we want to hear it.”
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 4 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 5 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Burton Albion win
- 7 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
- 8 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 9 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 10 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
All the ideas received by the council will be shared with a number of skate companies who will come up with their proposed design based on these.
On February 16 2019, the skate companies will present their design ideas at a special event.
Those who use the park will be able to vote for their preferred design and then work with the winning company to go over the plans.
To have your say on the plans email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16 2018.