New ideas sought for Woodbridge skatepark expansion plans
Woodbridge’s popular skatepark could be set for a makeover following the renovation of the Deben Leisure Centre.
The skatepark was built 10 years ago in partnership with the local community, Woodbridge Town Council, Just 42 and Suffolk Coastal District Council.
The centre recently underwent a £3 million revamp and as a result the area immediately behind the leisure centre became vacant.
This space has now been earmarked to expand the space available at Woodbridge Skatepark.
The council are now looking for ideas as to how to use this extra space for the park.
You may also want to watch:
TJ Haworth-Culf, Suffolk Coastal Cabinet Member with responsibility for customers, communities and leisure, said: “Woodbridge Skatepark has now been open for a decade and it has proven very popular with young people of all ages and abilities.
“We have been given this fantastic opportunity to expand the area, and we want the views of the people who use it. So if you have an idea, it doesn’t matter how big or small, we want to hear it.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
All the ideas received by the council will be shared with a number of skate companies who will come up with their proposed design based on these.
On February 16 2019, the skate companies will present their design ideas at a special event.
Those who use the park will be able to vote for their preferred design and then work with the winning company to go over the plans.
To have your say on the plans email your ideas to email@example.com by November 16 2018.