Man shot in the chest near Suffolk business park
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested after a 27-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound are believed to have been shooting rabbits nearby, Suffolk police have said.
Police were called at 11.55pm yesterday to reports someone had been shot on land off Windmill Avenue, near Woolpit Business Park.
When officers arrived they found the victim, a 27-year-old man, had been shot in the chest.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he was treated for injuries which are not considered to be life-threatening.
A 56-year-old man from Woolpit and a 42-year-old man from Stowmarket were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the men arrested were shooting rabbits on farmland nearby.
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/25649/20.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.