World record broken in Clacton
MORE than 200 men have had a ball as they achieved a Guinness World Record at an event in Clacton yesterday.
Darren Couchman and his friend Richard Miller managed to persuade 208 men to check their testicles at the same time which is a new record.
The fun event had a serious side as Mr Couchman is trying to raise awareness of the disease and make men less embarrassed to check themselves.
Mr Couchman, from Little Clacton, survived testicular cancer and was also hoping to break the world record for the largest number of people in one place in their underway.
Unfortunately only 251 people got down to their smalls, falling well-short of the 500 Mr Couchman had been hoping for.
You may also want to watch:
But the day, at Clacton Factory Outlet, is set to raise a substantial amount for Everyman male cancer campaign.
Mr Couchman told the EADT: “We had cancer expert John Corr here and he was advising all the blokes how to carry out the proper checks and made sure they actually did it three times.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
“Once it was done we had a big cheer go up and after eight months of hard work that was a great feeling to know it had all been worthwhile.
“People have left here being world record holders and with the issue of testicular cancer on their minds – it was a fun day but also an educational one.”
For more information about Mr Couchman’s fund-raising efforts go to www.thetesticletour.com.