Worlingham: Fire crews tackle blaze at large industrial workshop
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are tackling a blaze at a workshop in Worlingham, near Beccles, which involves asbestos roofing.
At least seven appliances have attended College Lane after the fire service was alerted at about 8.55am. There had been multiple calls about a workshop on fire on Ellough Industrial Estate.
Fire was discovered in the extractor fan of the building, which was well alight and measures 25m by 40m.
Crews believed cylinders were in the building and an unknown quantity of painting materials were also involved as well as asbestos roofing.
Firefighters at the rear of building were trying to stop the blaze spreading using two breathing apparatus, two jets and two hosereels.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said crews had taken the relevant precautions to limit the damage to the environment and to themselves.
Police have also attended for traffic control.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away