Police search for 20-year-old in connection with murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Investigators are looking to find a 20-year-old man who they want to speak to in connection with a murder investigation.
Essex police want to speak to Ryan Filby, 20, in relation to the death of Liam Taylor, 19, from Chelmsford, on Friday, January 31.
On the day, officers responded to reports that two men were stabbed outside the Rose and Crown pub in The Green, Writtle, at about 8pm in what is believed to be a targeted attack.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and possession of drugs and a 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder. They both have been released on bail until Tuesday, February 25.
Essex police are continuing to carry out increased patrols in Chelmsford and are using stop and search powers under Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act in two estates.
You may also want to watch:
These orders run until 3pm in Melbourne Estate and 4pm in Springfield Estate today, January 4.
Anyone with further information about the whereabouts of Mr Filby is asked to contact the North Major Crime Team on 101 or visit this website.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns