Why is this special house in Newmarket named ‘Wynyard’?
This Victorian house situated on one of the most sought after roads in Newmarket is for sale for £999,950 and named ‘Wynyard’ for a rather special reason - but why?
Why is this splendid Victorian property for sale called Wynard House?
Located on Bury Road in Newmarket, one of the town’s most sought after roads, Wynyard House is for sale for a guide price of £999,950.
It was named by the then Lord Derby after his horse won a major race by a yard, creating the name ‘Wynyard’.
The property enjoys spectacular accommodation of 3700 sqft having been modernised whilst maintaining many period features, such as parquet flooring and ornate fireplaces.
You may also want to watch:
The property further benefits from gated driveway parking and a private rear garden, all of which is located directly beside ‘Lord Derby’s Gap’, the horse walk that links Bury Road with the Heath.
For more information contact David Burr on 01638 669035.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'