X-ray department reopened at Thetford Healthy Living Centre
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An X-ray department has been reinstated to a health centre in Thetford after the service closed last year.
The X-ray department at the Thetford Healthy Living Centre reopened on July 30 and is now being managed by the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust.
The service closed in September 2017 and the NHS South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group, which commissions the service, approached the west Suffolk trust with a view to it becoming the provider.
Working closely with local GPs, the X-ray department provides basic x-rays such as chest, neck, spine, hands and feet.
The results are sent to consultant radiologists based at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, who review the patient’s images and advise on the next steps of care.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Beeton, imaging services manager at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I’m really glad we’ve been able to help reinstate this service for the people of Thetford and the surrounding communities.
“Due to the size of our trust we are able to rotate radiographers out from the main West Suffolk Hospital site when necessary, offering a robust, reliable service for the local community.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
“We’re committed to working closely with our community services and having an X-ray department in Thetford will really benefit patients, as some will be able to avoid making a trip to hospital at all, saving them both time and money, and making their care that bit closer to home.”
Tim Shayes, head of transformation at South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “I am delighted that we have been able to reinstate this service and demonstrate our commitment as a CCG to developing local services for the people of Thetford and the surrounding area.”