Man left with suspected fractured eye socket after attack in Yates
A man has been left with a suspected fractured eye socket after being knocked unconscious during an assault in Yates.
The incident happened at around 1.30am in the Colchester bar after the victim, a 33-year-old male, confronted a man over an allegation that he had grabbed a woman inappropriately.
He was knocked unconscious was taken to hospital with a suspected fractured eye socket.
While the suspect was being ejected from the building, Essex Police received reports that he had been assaulted.
Officers arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of assault and sexual assault and a 24-year-old man on suspicion of assault.
You may also want to watch:
They both remain in custody for questioning.
Essex police are now appealing for anyone who witnessed, has information or has mobile footage of these assaults.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Anyone with information is asked to call Colchester CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/13780/20 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.