YMCA Trinity Group to open pre-school at Grundisburgh Primary School in Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant
A new pre-school is being opened at the grounds of Grundisburgh Primary School in Woodbridge.
YMCA Trinity Group will open the new early years facility for 24 children aged two to five “in the next few weeks”.
Parents are invited to attend a ‘stay and play session’ from 9am-3pm on Tuesday, October 24.
The pre-school will offer funded and fee-paying spaces, as well as 15 and 30 free hours of childcare a week.
The 30-hours offer has been criticised by a number of pre-schools and nurseries in Suffolk and nationally for being underfunded by the government. Some have expressed fears over closures.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Spence, spokesman for YMCA Trinity Group, said: “We are so excited about our new preschool in Grundisburgh. We have worked hard to create a safe, welcoming environment which will nurture and stimulate the children.
“Whether the children are with us full time or if they just attend a couple of sessions a week we will focus on helping them grow in confidence and to embrace various learning opportunities as they start to prepare for the move to primary school. YMCA Childcare aims to provide children with the best start to their education.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
“The Stay and Play session will give parents and children the chance to look around the new preschool as well as talk to the staff and take part in some fun activities.”
The pre-school will be open from 8am to 3pm each weekday and will follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.