Youngster killed in crash horror
A POPULAR teenager who was involved in a collision with a car as he walked down a residential street has died.Daniel Felstead, 16, was taken to hospital after the crash on Friday evening but died soon afterwards.
A POPULAR teenager who was involved in a collision with a car as he walked down a residential street has died.
Daniel Felstead, 16, was taken to hospital after the crash on Friday evening but died soon afterwards.
And yesterday, dozens of the teenager's friends gathered at the scene of the collision to mourn his death.
His parents, Tony and Jackie Felstead, were also at the spot on Corton Long Lane, Corton, near Lowestoft, and said they never realised how many friends the football-mad teenager had.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Felstead praised the youngsters, who he said had been turning up non-stop all day to pay their respects and contribute to a growing wall of more than 30 bunches of flowers.
“It really has been amazing,” said Mr Felstead. “There have been the kids and their parents who have all come and said what a lovely boy he was.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
“He was quite private and we just didn't realise how many friends he had here and it really has been great that so many have come out.”
Daniel, a Benjamin Britten High School student, is believed to have been walking with his bicycle along Corton Long Lane towards the A12 at about 9.55pm on Friday when the accident happened.
It is thought that the car left the scene and was later found, burned out, in Norfolk. Five men are in custody at Lowestoft Police Station in connection with the death.
A police officer turned up at the Felstead's home on the nearby Parkhill estate at about 10.15pm to say Daniel had been seriously hurt and taken to the James Paget Hospital, Gorleston.
But by the time his parents got their, he had already died from his injuries.
Mr Felstead, whose younger son, aged 14, is said to be “in pieces” over the loss of his older brother, said: “A parent should never outlive their own child.
James Gee, a friend of Daniel from school, said he was “seriously just a lovely boy”.
“There was another boy at school who recently broke his leg and Daniel was the one who was carrying his bag places and getting his lunch for him and everything,” he said.
The Arsenal fan, who will be dressed in his maroon home shirt for the funeral, had been offered an interview at Lowestoft College with a view to a plumbing course later this month.
n Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw an X-reg car in Corton Long Lane at the time of the incident, to call PC Doran at Halesworth Roads Policing Unit on 01986 835350.