Your chance each week to win £25k and help charity with new Essex lottery
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Charities and good causes in Essex have the chance to win thousands of pounds thanks to the launch of a lottery.
The Essex Lottery will support community projects across the county by donating 60p of every £1 ticket sold to those signed up – double that of the National Lottery.
The first weekly jackpot prize will be £25,000 on November 25 and there will also be guaranteed weekly prizes.
Run by Essex County Council, the project will cost nothing for charities to sign up and County Hall will not take any money from the initiative.
David Finch, county council leader, said it was about giving back to the community.
He said: “The Essex Lottery is a fantastic opportunity for local Essex based groups and community organisations to raise vital funds for their causes.
“Whether you’re a hospice, a school, a sports team, Scout or Guides group or a community project fundraising for new facilities or equipment, we want to hear from you.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
“It’s important that you apply now through the website, so you are on board for the launch of The Essex Lottery.”
The lottery will launch next month and tickets will be available through a new website. There, players will be able to select the cause they wish to support from those on the registered website.
The council said 50p of every £1 ticket will go directly to the chosen cause, with another 10p going to a central Essex Lottery Fund, which will be distributed in small grants to a wide range of good cause projects which apply for support.
If a player does not select a charity or good cause, 60p in the £1 will be donated directly to the central Essex Lottery fund.
To take part, good causes need to be based in Essex and provide a service which directly benefits Essex residents.
Registering is free and easy to complete, with no administration charge. A good cause page will be provided on the lottery website, as well as personalised marketing materials, email and telephone support, which are also all free of charge.
To register, go to www.essexlottery.co.uk email email@example.com or call 0300 302 32 32.