Redknapp ready for spending spree
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp has outlined a shopping list worth �45million for a trio of players he feels they need in order to compete in the Champions League.
A report understands that he has suggested three players to chairman Daniel Levey, thought to be a world-class striker, versatile forward Craig Bellamy and Manchester City team-mate Micah Richards.
Uruguayan international Luis Suarez is reportedly his main target but Ajax want �35million for the man who scored 49 goals last season, with another three in the World Cup finals.
A source close to Tottenham was quoted as saying; “If you look at the big teams, Arsenal have Robin van Persie, Liverpool have Fernando Torres, Chelsea have Didier Drogba and Manchester City have Carlos Tevez,”
The source added; “Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch have their qualities but they are not in the same class.”
You may also want to watch:
Other strikers that Interest Redknapp also include Luis Fabiano of Sevilla and AC MIlan’s Klaas-jan Huntelaar. Brazilian striker Fabiano has sent mixed messages about his future at the Spanish club, whereas the Italian giants have offered the Dutchman to various clubs.
The Spurs chairman has stated that he does not wish to spend over �25million on Suarez, �9m on defender Richards and �7m for 31-year-old bellamy, but players’ wages could yet be the pivitol decision whether they join up with Redknapp’s squad.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'