South Korea ready for Greek clash
SOUTH Korea coach Huh Jung-moo has stated that his players are ready for the World Cup after his side narrowly lost 1-0 to Spain in their final warm-up match yesterday.
Jesus Navas’ 86th-minute strike was enough to seal victory for the reigning European champions as they claimed their 11th successive victory.
Manchester United’s Park Ji-sung was ruled out of the match with a minor thigh injury but Huh used the opportunity to test out his squad players against world class opposition.
Despite a sluggish performance, Huh is confident South Korea are well prepared for their Group B opener against Greece on June 12 in Port Elizabeth.
“For Spain, it was a good match and for us, it was a great experience and a good lesson, we learnt many things,” said Huh.
You may also want to watch:
“We go to the World Cup with the determination to succeed. We are ready to play in the World Cup.”
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'