Ollie Sarwa's stunning ten-second knockout to lift the pro featherweight title was the highlight of another action-packed Cage Warriors Academy South East event in Colchester.

The explosive Sarwa moved to 3-0 in the paid ranks after dropping foe Alessio Aiello with the first punch he threw, following him to the floor to end matters with a wicked elbow.

East Anglian Daily Times: Ollie Sarwa finished his fight in ten secondsOllie Sarwa finished his fight in ten seconds (Image: Brett King)
Since turning professional, the heavy-handed Sarwa has won every fight by knockout and looks to be very much a prospect on the rise.

In the main event at the Charter Hall, local favourite Charlie Falco was upset by French raider Giovanni Helias, who used fast, powerful striking and effective grappling to take Falco's pro straw-weight title by unanimous decision.

East Anglian Daily Times: Giovanni Helias upset Charlie Falco in the main eventGiovanni Helias upset Charlie Falco in the main event (Image: Brett King)
Falco dropped to 4-3 with his first defeat in four fights, and slammed his gumshield to the canvas in a show of frustration at the end of the battle.

He'll return to the lab at Colchester's BKK Fighters Gym, lick his wounds and plan his return. A rematch on December's show would certainly draw interest and intrigue.

Elsewhere on the card, Tommy Brunning lived up to his 'Big Tings' nickname as he captured an amateur title in a second weight division, adding the featherweight gold to his bantamweight crown.

East Anglian Daily Times: Charlie Falco cut a frustrated figure at the end of his fightCharlie Falco cut a frustrated figure at the end of his fight (Image: Brett King)
In doing so, Brunning (now 5-0) handed defending champ Benoit Prigent his first loss in 11 fights, winning what at times was a battle of wills between two very well-matched combatants.

There were seven other amateur titles up for grabs on the packed card.

Delffy Humer, of GB Top Team, bested super popular local fighter Christian Young to win the amateur flyweight crown, stopping him with just a second left on the clock in the first round after a big right hand dropped the Australian.

Humer moves to 6-1 with the win while Young, of Colchester's Combat Institute, drops to 3-2 but can hold his head high - he suffered a terrible leg break in March, and defied expectations just to return to the cage, let alone fight for a title. He'll return stronger from the whole experience.

East Anglian Daily Times: Delffy Humer, left, beat Christian Young to lift the flyweight titleDelffy Humer, left, beat Christian Young to lift the flyweight title (Image: Brett King)
Rafael Kveldstadt lifted the middleweight crown with a come-from-behind TKO win over the hugely powerful Mehdi Korai in the third round, while Louis Bricusse moved to 4-0 and took Kadre Dene's welterweight strap and unbeaten record with a second round TKO finish.

Delphine Benouaich handed Louise Bennett her first defeat in winning the straw-weight title via unanimous decision, the same way Adda Bouchoui lifted the lightweight strap against Mehmet Maslak.

Yassine El Mahdi stopped Bilal Tablaa early in the first with a big right hand to claim bantamweight gold, but there was an unsatisfactory end to the heavyweight title fight between Nell Ariano and Norbert Pietrzak.

East Anglian Daily Times: Delphine Benouaich lifted the straw-weight beltDelphine Benouaich lifted the straw-weight belt (Image: Brett King)
An accidental head clash saw the latter suffer a nasty cut to his eyebrow early in the second round, meaning the bout was declared a no-contest. Hopefully we can see that one again in December, as it was warming up nicely.

Elsewhere, there were some impressive wins for local fighters. Featherweight Mason Kinsella, of BKK Fighters, moved to 4-0 with a second round armbar win over Steffan Rossevatn, much to the delight of his huge home support.

East Anglian Daily Times: Mason Kinsella celebrates his winMason Kinsella celebrates his win (Image: Brett King)
There were wins, too, for fellow BKK products, welterweights Ethan Barry (split decision over Hyacinthe Odingar) and Ben Edwards (UD over Sameed Ahmed).

Featherweight Alex Andrews, of Wisbech's Avaddon MMA, moved to 9-1 with a sensational striking display culminating in a first round TKO of Leevi Heino. 

His Avaddon team-mates Josh Kirby and Harvey Moore also tasted victory, the former with a third-round rear naked choke win over Sharam Habib and the latter via a first round injury to opponent Vebjorn Dytreng.

James Webb's Combat Institute returned from battle with two wins, led by the very impressive debut of welterweight Tommy Reid, who used some dazzling boxing - including some nasty slip-and-rip left hands to the liver - to stop Mitchell Kennedy in the first.

Featherweight Will Mattier moved to 2-1 with a points win over a very game Daniel Bradley, while gym-mates Steve McMorris and Aston Smith can both take pride from brave displays in defeat against strong foes in Darnell Jackson and Karl Mullings respectively.

East Anglian Daily Times: Alex Andrews lands a left hook on his way to a first round stoppageAlex Andrews lands a left hook on his way to a first round stoppage (Image: Brett King)
Alongside wins for Sarwa, Jackson and Mullings, Force MMA also saw Harry Winsor grab a debut win through a third round triangle choke against Morgan Simmonds, while Roy Pugh finished on the wrong side of points decision after an entertaining scrap with Hamza Khan.

Finally, Tsunami Norfolk's talented young striker Tayler Mills dropped to 2-2 after a split decision loss against Imran Hassan in a very close, absorbing fight, and team-mate Dan Frank was beaten in the first by a rear naked choke by Rustem Genjebaev.