400 up for Karl Duguid
KARL Duguid is poised to make his 400th league appearance in a Colchester United shirt, at home to Sheffield United tomorrow.
Duguid will become only the sixth U’s player to reach this landmark, following in the footsteps of Micky Cook, Mike Walker, Steve Leslie, Peter Wright and John Fowler.
Manager John Ward paid tribute to his 33-year-old winger during yesterday’s press conference.
“It’s an incredible feat to play 400 games for any club these days, or in fact any days,” explained Ward.
“We’ve all seen lots of very good players flick in and out of the game, and not had a good career.
You may also want to watch:
“But good people are those that stick around and make sure their careers last as long as they can, by doing it properly,” added Ward.
Duguid’s current team-mate, Kem Izzet, is in line to play his 397th league game for the U’s tomorrow.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Matchday Live: Six new signings start as Town host Palace
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad