Watch our look inside Town’s German training base and role reversal as captain Chambers turns interviewer
- Credit: Archant
Stuart Watson and Andy Warren take a look around Ipswich Town’s training base in Lower Saxony.
The Blues have been in Germany for more than a week as they gear up towards the new season, beginning their trip with a 3-2 loss to Paderborn last Saturday before ending in the Interwetten Cup this weekend.
Ipswich take on Fortuna Dusseldorf, FC Utrecht and SV Meppen this weekend in a tournament made up of four 45-minute games.
Ipswich have been based at the Romantik Hotel Aselager Mühle, where the squad have been put through regular double sessions and have been bonding in the German countryside.
Their training base is 30 minutes from Meppen and an hour from the nearest airport, with the squad flying home to England from Stansted on Monday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
We were invited into the club for the afternoon and you can watch how we got on in the video above.
Stuart and Andy were also invited to take part in a training game with manager Paul Lambert and his staff, in front of the watching Ipswich Town first-team squad.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
After the game, Town captain Luke Chambers took on the role of interviewer and found out how our two reporters got on.
You can watch that here, too.