‘A low key game’ – admits U’s boss Dunne
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, admits that tomorrow’s FA Cup first round showdown with Sheffield United feels like a “low key game,” on the back of last season’s swashbuckling Essex derby with Chelmsford City.
In the build up to the visit of their fellow League One outfit, Dunne admitted: “We have been very level-headed about it.
“Last year there was all the razzmatazz of Chelmsford (3-1 defeat).
“This was talked about from the draw onwards. Every day was Chelmsford, Chelmsford, Chelmsford.
“But this one feels like a league fixture, and we are just talking about it for the first time today (Thursday press conference).
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big game, but a low-key game between teams in the same division,” added Dunne.
The U’s will be without the cup-tied trio of Cian Bolger, Elliot Lee and Jeffrey Monakana, while injuries still rule out Jabo Ibehre, Freddie Sears, Drey Wright, Josh Thompson, Sanchez Watt and David Wright.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 9 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year