A quick change of clothes for Freddie Sears
FREDDIE Sears had a quick change on the bus, on the way down to Yeovil, for Colchester United’s trip to Somerset.
Front-runner Sears only signed for the U’s on Friday morning, on a month’s loan from West Ham, and he had to make a dash to Brentwood to meet the team coach on the journey to the south-west.
It was all a bit frantic for Sears, who had just a couple of hours training with his new team-mates before Saturday’s clash at Huish Park.
Sears impressed in the first half, and the U’s were leading 1-0 at the interval via Steven Gillespie’s 18th minute goal, before Yeovil rallied strongly to secure a 3-2 win.
U’s boss John Ward is predicting big things of Sears, over the coming month.
You may also want to watch:
And after Saturday’s game, Ward explained: “Freddie’s come in, met us at Brentwood and jumped onto the bus.
“He’s got changed into his Colchester gear on the bus, which was great. I think it gave the players a lift, because he’s a good footballer.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
“It was some while ago since he played a full game, but we saw a lot of good things from him, especially during the first 55 to 60 minutes.
“And I think he will get better,” added Ward.