A warning from Colchester United boss John McGreal ahead of Newport clash
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
If players do not perform, then they will be out of the team.
That is the warning of Colchester United boss, John McGreal, ahead of tomorrow’s home match against League Two play-off rivals Newport.
The U’s have been boosted by the arrival of three new loan players this week, and also the continued progress of former injured players Ryan Inniss and Luke Prosser, plus Brennan Dickenson.
“The players with the shirt have to perform because new players and injured players are knocking on the door,” insisted McGreal.
“We have competition for places, which we didn’t have at the start of January when we lost a few players.”
You may also want to watch:
Striker Liam Mandeville (Doncaster), midfielder Ben Stevenson (Wolves) and winger Olamide Shodipo (QPR) could make all their U’s debuts tomorrow afternoon, following loan moves on transfer deadline day.
Centre-halves Prosser and Inniss are also pushing for a return to the starting line-up. Winger Dickenson is about two weeks away from a return to competitive senior action.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses