AFC Sudbury to travel to Europa League side Glentoran in pre-season friendly
- Credit: Andy Abbott
AFC Sudbury will take a trip to Northern Ireland for a prestigious pre-season friendly against Glentoran later this month.
David Batch’s side will face the Northern Ireland Premier League giants at the second largest football stadium in the country after Windsor Park.
The game will take place at 3.00pm on Saturday 26th July and while the scheduled friendly away at King’s Lynn Town will still take place, a younger squad will take to play at The Walks.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for us to play a quality team in a great stadium, learn more about the players and get some team bonding during a really quality pre-season schedule,” said Batch.
“We are hugely grateful to sponsors Philip Gambrill & Co, who are helping with travel costs for what should be an excellent experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Past legends to have turned out for Glentoran include Danny Blanchflower, Billy Bingham and Jimmy McIlroy and the team finished fifth in the Northern Ireland Premier League last season and will have already begun their Europa League campaign against Reykjavik of Iceland by the time the teams meet.
Glentoran will also face Liverpool and Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock this summer.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
AFC will also play League One side Colchester United on July 17 at King’s Marsh with a 7.45pm kick-off.
Admission prices for the game will be only £5 and £3 for concessions.