Alastair Cook, Ravi Bopara and James Foster return for Essex
ENGLAND duo Alastair Cook and Ravi Bopara are both named in a 14-man squad by Essex who face Somerset in the Friends Life t20 competition at Taunton tomorrow afternoon.
Owais Shah is due to have a late fitness test following his calf injury but otherwise, the Eagles have a fully fit squad to select from that includes James Foster who missed the previous two matches for personal reasons.
“We travelled down on Sunday night, everyone is fresh and really looking forward to the game,” head coach Paul Grayson said. “We’ve had some good battles with Somerset over the last few years in one-day cricket and I think it will be exactly the same on Tuesday.
“Both sides will be going at it and it could come down to one defining over or one particular individual display that comes along and we have just got to make sure we win those big moments in the game.
“We’ve played some very good twenty20 cricket at times this season but we know Somerset are an excellent side and we have to make sure that we are at the top of our game against them.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a good side out, the best that we could put out in the competition, everyone is confident and we’ll be giving it our best shot.”
The two teams have met on four previous occasions with honours shared at two wins apiece and the Eagles are hoping to clinch the victory on this occasion that would take them to Finals Day for the fourth time in their history.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 6 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
Finals Day is scheduled for August 25 at the SWALEC Stadium in Cardiff.
The match is televised on Sky Sports 2 with coverage starting at 4pm.
Essex squad: J Foster (capt/wkt), M Pettini, A Cook, R Bopara, J Franklin, O Shah, R ten Doeschate, G Napier, G Smith, T Phillips, D Masters, R Topley, T Mills, A Wheater.