Alastair Cook, Ravi Bopara and James Foster return for Essex
ENGLAND duo Alastair Cook and Ravi Bopara are both named in a 14-man squad by Essex who face Somerset in the Friends Life t20 competition at Taunton tomorrow afternoon.
Owais Shah is due to have a late fitness test following his calf injury but otherwise, the Eagles have a fully fit squad to select from that includes James Foster who missed the previous two matches for personal reasons.
“We travelled down on Sunday night, everyone is fresh and really looking forward to the game,” head coach Paul Grayson said. “We’ve had some good battles with Somerset over the last few years in one-day cricket and I think it will be exactly the same on Tuesday.
“Both sides will be going at it and it could come down to one defining over or one particular individual display that comes along and we have just got to make sure we win those big moments in the game.
“We’ve played some very good twenty20 cricket at times this season but we know Somerset are an excellent side and we have to make sure that we are at the top of our game against them.
“We’ve got a good side out, the best that we could put out in the competition, everyone is confident and we’ll be giving it our best shot.”
The two teams have met on four previous occasions with honours shared at two wins apiece and the Eagles are hoping to clinch the victory on this occasion that would take them to Finals Day for the fourth time in their history.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
Finals Day is scheduled for August 25 at the SWALEC Stadium in Cardiff.
The match is televised on Sky Sports 2 with coverage starting at 4pm.
Essex squad: J Foster (capt/wkt), M Pettini, A Cook, R Bopara, J Franklin, O Shah, R ten Doeschate, G Napier, G Smith, T Phillips, D Masters, R Topley, T Mills, A Wheater.