Another frustrating night for the Witches
Somerset Rebels 14 Ipswich Witches 10. Meeting abandoned rain, result does not stand
Two rained-off meetings in two nights and the great British Summer – after such a promising start – is getting its own back on speedway, writes Mike Bacon.
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches were left frustrated with the rain for a second consecutive night, this time at Somerset, when heavy rain caused the abandonment of this Premier League clash. However, the meeting is set to go ahead, subject to confirmation, on Friday, September 13.
Last night Somerset won all four heats that did take place, with Ipswich’s Ritchie Hawkins looking good in his two races.
You may also want to watch:
1 Doyle, Barker, Heeps, Newman 3-3
2 Nielsen, Hawkins, Ellis, Lambert, 6-6
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
3 Davies, Morris, Tungate, Lanham 11-7
4 Grajczonek, Hawkins, Risager, Lambert 14-10
On Sunday afternoon the Witches head north to Glasgow, hoping for a dry outcome and Premier League points. The Scottish side now include Dakota North in their team.
Subject to confirmation, Ipswich’s Premier League clash at home to Plymouth, rained-off on Thursday, is set to take place on Saturday, August 31 at Foxhall.