Anthony Ogogo to face Kieron Gray in pro debut
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo has learned who his first professional opponent will be.
The Lowestoft middleweight, who won bronze at the London Olympics last year, faces Kieron ‘Slammer’ Gray of Telford in a six round fight on the undercard of the Amir Khan vs Julio Diaz bill in Sheffield on April 27.
Gray has a record of five wins, 13 losses and one draw, with just one knockout on his list of victories.
He’s lost his last 10 fights, and hasn’t won since early 2009, after starting his career with five straight victories.
Gray has fought for both the British Masters Middleweight title, losing to Warren Tansey in April 2012, and the Midlands Area Light-Middleweight title, which he drew with Jamie Ball in December 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old lost his last fight on points to John Dignum over four rounds in March.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 8 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight