Wigan confirm signing of former Town target Pilkington on 18-month deal
- Credit: Archant
Wigan Athletic have completed the signing of former Ipswich Town target Anthony Pilkington from Cardiff City.
The 30-year-old has moved to the DW Stadium on a free transfer and has signed an 18-month contract with the club.
He had been in Suffolk to complete a move to Ipswich Town before a change in family circumstances and late interest from Wigan made a move back to his native north west an attractive proposition.
Manager Paul Lambert had been keen to sign the winger, having previously bought him at Norwich City for a fee of £2million in 2011.
“Anthony has good experience in the Championship and Premier League, I am delighted to bring him to Wigan Athletic,” Wigan manager Paul Cook said.
You may also want to watch:
“He won promotion with Cardiff City last season so he knows what it takes to do well at this level and I am sure he will be a big asset to us for the rest of this campaign and beyond.”
Ipswich did sign a winger yesterday, with Simon Dawkins agreeing a deal until the end of the season following an extended spell training with the club.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday