Anthony Wordsworth salvages a deserved draw at Oldham
Oldham Athletic 1 Colchester United 1
ANTHONY Wordsworth nodded home his 10th goal of the season to earn Colchester United a draw at Oldham tonight.
Wordsworth popped up with the equaliser in the 82nd minute, gleefully heading home Martin Rowlands’ deadly free-kick.
It was Wordsworth’s 10th goal of the season, an impressive tally for a midfielder by the end of February.
And it was a deserved draw for the mid-table U’s, who had trailed to Keanu Marsh-Brown’s 37th minute opener.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors will be very disappointed with the manner of Oldham’s goal. It was a soft goal from a corner routine.
Jean Yves M’Voto was in acres of space, to meet Robbie Simpson’s delivery, and although his free header was superbly blocked by keeper Ben Williams, an alert Marsh-Brown was able to sweep home the loose ball from close-in.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
However, Wordsworth salvaged a point with eight minutes to go.