Anthony Wordsworth salvages a deserved draw at Oldham
Oldham Athletic 1 Colchester United 1
ANTHONY Wordsworth nodded home his 10th goal of the season to earn Colchester United a draw at Oldham tonight.
Wordsworth popped up with the equaliser in the 82nd minute, gleefully heading home Martin Rowlands’ deadly free-kick.
It was Wordsworth’s 10th goal of the season, an impressive tally for a midfielder by the end of February.
And it was a deserved draw for the mid-table U’s, who had trailed to Keanu Marsh-Brown’s 37th minute opener.
The visitors will be very disappointed with the manner of Oldham’s goal. It was a soft goal from a corner routine.
Jean Yves M’Voto was in acres of space, to meet Robbie Simpson’s delivery, and although his free header was superbly blocked by keeper Ben Williams, an alert Marsh-Brown was able to sweep home the loose ball from close-in.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 Matchday Live: Chaplin fires Town in front after clever move
- 5 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 6 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
However, Wordsworth salvaged a point with eight minutes to go.