Town starlet Dobra signs new long-term deal
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town youngster Armando Dobra has signed a new contract with the club.
With the young Albanian international’s previous deal due to expire next month, the Blues recently activated a clause to extend Dobra’s contract for a further 12 months while negotiations continued regarding a new deal.
That deal has now been signed, with Dobra at the Blues’ training ground today to put pen-to-paper.
Dobra’s deal is for three years, with an option for a fourth, meaning his deal runs to the summer of 2023 at least.
The Blues turned down two offers from Brighton in January, with bidding reaching in the region of £500,000 during a season in which the teenager marked his senior debut at Luton with a goal.
He has made seven further appearances and appeared as a substitute in Town’s last outing, against Coventry, prior to football’s suspension.
Capped by Albania at U19 level, Dobra was named in their Under 21 squad for the first time for their European Championship qualifier against Kosovo scheduled for the end of March but the game was postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
IPSWICH TOWN CONTRACTS
Rowe, Roberts, Keane
Holy, Donacien, Chambers, Huws, Judge, Wilson, Sears, Jackson, Nolan, Bishop, Nsiala, Nydam, El Mizouni, Wright, Skuse, Dozzell, Edwards, McGavin, Drinan, Przybek, Folami, Morris, Cotter, Clements, Gibbs, Andoh, Z.Brown, K.Brown
Downes, Woolfenden, Norwood, Lankester, Kenlock, Ndaba, Crowe, Smith, Simpson,