Town starlet Dobra signs new long-term deal
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town youngster Armando Dobra has signed a new contract with the club.
With the young Albanian international’s previous deal due to expire next month, the Blues recently activated a clause to extend Dobra’s contract for a further 12 months while negotiations continued regarding a new deal.
That deal has now been signed, with Dobra at the Blues’ training ground today to put pen-to-paper.
Dobra’s deal is for three years, with an option for a fourth, meaning his deal runs to the summer of 2023 at least.
The Blues turned down two offers from Brighton in January, with bidding reaching in the region of £500,000 during a season in which the teenager marked his senior debut at Luton with a goal.
You may also want to watch:
He has made seven further appearances and appeared as a substitute in Town’s last outing, against Coventry, prior to football’s suspension.
Capped by Albania at U19 level, Dobra was named in their Under 21 squad for the first time for their European Championship qualifier against Kosovo scheduled for the end of March but the game was postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
IPSWICH TOWN CONTRACTS
Rowe, Roberts, Keane
Holy, Donacien, Chambers, Huws, Judge, Wilson, Sears, Jackson, Nolan, Bishop, Nsiala, Nydam, El Mizouni, Wright, Skuse, Dozzell, Edwards, McGavin, Drinan, Przybek, Folami, Morris, Cotter, Clements, Gibbs, Andoh, Z.Brown, K.Brown
Downes, Woolfenden, Norwood, Lankester, Kenlock, Ndaba, Crowe, Smith, Simpson,