Ipswich working on a deal for Aston Villa full-back Bree
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are understood to be working on a deal for Aston Villa defender James Bree.
The 21-year-old right-back has made 11 appearances for Villa this season but only six have been starts, with the Blues understood to be exploring the possibility of a loan deal.
He is contracted until the summer of 2021.
Manager Paul Lambert has been in the market for a right-back for much of January, with Matthew Pennington currently filling that position having impressed in the centre of defence for much of the season.
Jordan Spence played every game under Lambert until the FA Cup defeat at Accrington Stanley, but has not been involved since.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich were earlier today linked with Norwich right-back Ivo Pinto, who is out of contract at the end of the season and allowed to move on a free transfer.
Norwich manager Daniel Farke said of Pinto: “I hope we can work together with this group. The only topic is perhaps Ivo.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“We’ve spoken in an honest way and until the last hour, he has the opportunity if it’s his choice to have a move – but he is here and training in a good mood. It could be but there are no signs this week so far.”