Awards deadline is looming
THE deadline is looming to nominate in the Suffolk FA and FA Community Awards 2012 which seeks to reward the best grassroots football clubs, coaches, players and volunteers.
The awards aim to recognise and reward the unsung heroes of grassroots football in communities across England.
Suffolk FA is calling on people from across the county for nominations for the eight award categories so that they can be recognised for their achievements: Outstanding Contribution Award (voted for the public at national level), The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award, The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award, The FA Charter Standard League Award, Volunteer of the Year Award and Coach of the Year Award.
Chris Walsh, Suffolk FA county development manager, said: “I would urge as many people to make their nominations as soon as possible as the deadline is just around the corner. Grassroots football is at the heart of the national game and every week across the country people dedicate their time and energy to provide a professional, fun and rewarding experience for the local community.
“Suffolk FA is delighted that The FA and McDonald’s have recognised these clubs and the commitment shown by players, coaches and volunteers across the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The winners of the Suffolk FA Community Awards 2012 will be entered into an Eastern Region heat and the winners of these awards will be put forward for The FA’s Community Awards.
The national winners will be announced in October. These winners will be handpicked from a judging panel which includes Sir Geoff Hurst, Sir Trevor Brooking and sports journalists from the national press.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Friday, May 11.