Baldwin joins rivals on loan
PAT Baldwin has joined League One rivals Bristol Rovers on a one-month loan deal.The 27-year-old centre-back started the season as captain of the side, but then picked up a bad knee and ankle injury in Aidy Boothroyd's first game in charge at Southampton in September.
PAT Baldwin has joined League One rivals Bristol Rovers on a one-month loan deal.
The 27-year-old centre-back started the season as captain of the side, but then picked up a bad knee and ankle injury in Aidy Boothroyd's first game in charge at Southampton in September.
Baldwin - who has spent over eight years at the U's - has now returned to fitness, but finds himself behind on-loan Wolves teenager Danny Batth and new skipper Magnus Okuongahe in the defensive pecking order.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, Boothroyd has allowed him to join the injury hit Rovers on a short-term loan in order to regain his match fitness.
“Pat is going out to get match fit, because reserve team football can only get you so far,” said the U's boss.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
“The two boys in the team have done really well, but he is my captain and I have got pat, Matt Heath and Paul Reid all pushing for first team action.
“Bristol Rovers asked if they could take him for a period of time, but this is very much a temporary measure and I hope that he can go there and get ready to go for the second half of the season.”
As part of the loan agreement, Baldwin will not be able to face the U's at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on December 5.
- For full Oldham v U's match preview, see tomorrow's EADT.