Bangers are back at Foxhall this Saturday as the Gold Rush continues
- Credit: Archant
Banger racing is back at Foxhall this Saturday night, with the Bangers Gold Rush, round two.
Gaining its own popularity, fans enjoy this Series in addition to the National Bangers BWS Rounds and have been talking about it ever since the fixture was announced.
At time of press, there are more than 70 cars booked in for the meeting and it is a ‘who’s, who’ of the best drivers currently competing in the domestic Banger Scene.
It is sure to be a feast of Racing as we begin the ‘Road to Gold’ – the ‘biggie’ that takes place at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
This for many is where the road to gold begins, with vital World Qualifying points on offer the meeting is set to once again be a night not to be missed for racing fans, especially for Banger fans.
Joining the Bangers at Foxhall on Saturday night are the ultra-competitive Oval Track Legends who are competing in Round 1 of their 2017 Shootout Series, sponsored this Round by Derek Hales Ltd of Thetford.
There are currently 16 of the best there is in this formula booked to appear including Sean Smith, Dan Holden, Lynsey McCloy and father and son Bob and Bobby Davis Jnr.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
Joining them also is the very popular Rookie Rods, the class is getting even more and more competitive with some fantastically prepared cars.
There are 29 booked to appear at this meeting so far including local top drivers Noel Whinney and Stefan Baxter to name but a few who are competing in this formula.
Racing at Foxhall Stadium on Saturday night starts at 6.45pm and turnstiles open at 5.30pm.
Facilities include two fully-seated grandstands along the back straight, a grandstand for those who are disabled or have special needs and renowned catering facilities.
Spedeworth’s fun-loving mascot, ‘Timmy the Tyre’ will also be in attendance too!