Barker returns to haunt the Devils
Plymouth Devils 44 Ipswich Witches 46
FORMER Plymouth No.1 Ben Barker won a last-heat decider for his new club Ipswich Witches in an exciting League Cup clash.
With the scores at 43-41 to the Witches, Barker gated to the front of heat 15 and never looked back to seal all three points for the Suffolk side, leaving the Devils pointless.
Ipswich were never behind throughout although Plymouth drew level with just five heats to go.
Barker scored 14 and Cameron Heeps 9 for the Witches.
You may also want to watch:
FULL report and reaction from Ipswich team manager Pete Simmons in Saturday’s EADT
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip