Ben Gordon becomes Colchester United’s second new signing of a busy afternoon
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United have completed their second signing of the afternoon, by securing left-back Ben Gordon from Ross County.
Gordon, 23, follows in the footsteps of Sean Clohessy, who also moved down from Scotland to sign for the U’s today.
Gordon began his career at Chelsea, where he progressed through the same youth team ranks as U’s keeper Sam Walker, plus former U’s loanee Billy Clifford.
While Clohessy is seen as a replacement for right-back Brian Wilson (now at Oldham), Gordon will be expected to fill the role of left-back, which was shared by the likes of Ryan Dickson and loanees Luke Garbutt and Alex Wynter last term.
“Ben (Gordon) is a very attack-minded full-back,” revealed manager Joe Dunne this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“I think both Sean (Clohessy) and Ben are two quality signings for the club.”
Gordon said: “It’s great to have got the deal sorted out, in the first week of pre-season.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
“It means I won’t have to play catch-up for the rest of the summer.”