Best-ever season for Pauls Short Mat Bowling Club
MEMBERS of Pauls Short Mat Bowling Club, based at Pauls Sports Club, Ipswich, have just completed their best ever season.
The A team won the Ipswich & District League Cup for the first time and also finished runners up to the all-conquering Lodgers, from the Rivers Club, in the IDL Division One.
Pauls Sparks also enjoyed a good year finishing in a mid-table position whilst the B team were runners up in Division Two, gaining promotion to Division One.
In addition, Bob Cousins is the current Suffolk SMBA singles champion and Bob, Dave Andrews, Margaret Hastings and Dave Baker (Beccles) are the fours champions.
The county triples winners were father and son Andy and Scott Sampson, plus Steve Prentice, with the runners up being Bob Cousins, Margaret Hastings and Dave Baker.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Andrews, Colin Sharp and Donna Mills were also beaten semi-finalists.
The Pauls players represented in Suffolk in the National Finals at Bedford and although not returning with any silverware they gave a good account of themselves.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
New members will be welcome at the club when the season starts in September. Please ring club steward Dave Jacobs on 01473 604874 for further details.