Ipswich YM 55 Stowmarket Seconds 0 report - Hat-trick from Carlton Ford in big win for YM
- Credit: Archant
Eastern Counties One Ipswich YM 55 Stowmarket Seconds 0 After only three minutes of play YM were awarded a scrum which led to the home side’s first try being scored, by the tenacious open side flanker Ryan Quinton.
The conversion was missed but the tone had been set. Stowmarket came straight back at YM from the kick off with some powerful runs from their inside centre.
But then the first line out of the game on the halfway line was won by YM who passed the ball all the way to the ever young winger Carlton Ford, who ran in the second try under the posts.
Scotty Dunbar kicked the conversion for a 12-0 lead after only eight minutes.
The following 15 minutes saw equal possession between both teams before a scrum on the centre spot saw YM win the opposition ball, starting a sweet set of passes through the YM centres again to the hands of Ford, who ran 30 yards to score his second try in the right corner. The conversion missed.
You may also want to watch:
YM’s dominance in the scrum was evident when they stole the ball against the head leading to a pushover try by skipper Ben Hockley.
Dunbar stepped up to kick the conversion to give the home side a 24 point lead. Just before half time YM won a line out on the opposition 22.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
They drove forward and a pop pass went to the rock solid YM prop Shan Head to power over. The conversion gave the YM a 31-0 half-time lead.
The second half saw much of the same from YM. A super kick into the bottom corner saw a bounce fool the Stowmarket winger. Ford capitalised on this and obtained possession launching a lovely weighted pass to Jamie Everson to score YM’s sixth try. Dunbar kicked a fine conversion for a 38-0 score.
Stowmarket continued to fight hard but couldn’t break through the YM defence.
Three further tries from the home side, one from Cory Parfitt, another for Ford, completing his hat-trick, and a great effort by Kassell Lee gave the home side an impressive 55-0 shut-out win.