Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Birmingham City lining up £3m bid for star keeper Bialkowski
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Birmingham City are readying a £3m bid for Ipswich Town keeper Bartosz Bialkowski, it has been reported.
According to the Sun on Sunday, City want to take Town’s star keeper Bialkowski – who has just returned from the World Cup in Russia as one of Poland’s stoppers – to St Andrews and are ready to make a substantial bid for him.
Bialkowski, adored by Town fans, is out of contract after this coming season and as such the club risks losing him for nothing – thus, a £3m return may appeal, as unpopular a move as that may be with supporters.
Indeed, as we reported on Friday, Town have already shown an interest in Rangers’ keeper Wes Foderingham as they look to line-up potential replacements for Bialkowski.
The Sun on Sunday suggests that Bolton stopper Ben Amos will also be considered as the man to fill the Polish star’s boots, should the Blues reluctantly decide to sell him.
But Town’s preferred option is to convince Bialkowski to sign a new deal - a deal having been on the table awaiting his signature since January, as revealed by former boss Mick McCarthy.
What do you think? Should Town consider selling their star stopper?
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich