Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Birmingham City lining up £3m bid for star keeper Bialkowski
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Birmingham City are readying a £3m bid for Ipswich Town keeper Bartosz Bialkowski, it has been reported.
According to the Sun on Sunday, City want to take Town’s star keeper Bialkowski – who has just returned from the World Cup in Russia as one of Poland’s stoppers – to St Andrews and are ready to make a substantial bid for him.
Bialkowski, adored by Town fans, is out of contract after this coming season and as such the club risks losing him for nothing – thus, a £3m return may appeal, as unpopular a move as that may be with supporters.
Indeed, as we reported on Friday, Town have already shown an interest in Rangers’ keeper Wes Foderingham as they look to line-up potential replacements for Bialkowski.
The Sun on Sunday suggests that Bolton stopper Ben Amos will also be considered as the man to fill the Polish star’s boots, should the Blues reluctantly decide to sell him.
You may also want to watch:
But Town’s preferred option is to convince Bialkowski to sign a new deal - a deal having been on the table awaiting his signature since January, as revealed by former boss Mick McCarthy.
What do you think? Should Town consider selling their star stopper?
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons