Bishop fit again, but now Bru’s injured
- Credit: Archant
Teddy Bishop is fit again, but fellow midfielder Kevin Bru has replaced him on Ipswich Town’s lengthy injury list.
“It’s one out, one in,” said manager Mick McCarthy, when asked for an injury update ahead of tomorrow’s visit of Brentford to Portman Road.
“Kevin Bru twisted his knee on Wednesday night, which was actually a surprise when he limped off the bus when we got back from Leeds at half-past three.
“He’s missing, but Teddy Bishop’s fit. Ted’s been out for nine days, he trained yesterday and he’s trained for us today and he’s good for the squad. It’s good to have him back.
“It’s strange because we’ve done really well avoiding injuries but we’ve had a long injury list of late.”
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Hunt, Darren Ambrose (both hamstring), Noel Hunt and Luke Hyam (both knee) remain sidelined, but McCarthy says striker David McGoldrick – who could be back for next Saturday’s game at Middlesbrough – is making good progress as he recovers from his thigh injury.
“He was out on the grass yesterday doing some work and he’s been out today,” said the Blues boss. “He’s looking a bit happier and smilier. That’s what happens when you get off that treatment table. It’s looking more optimistic for him.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
– See tomorrow’s EADT for full match preview.