Blaxhall circuit in Suffolk all geared up for huge 2017 motocross season including a round of the Maxxis British Championship
- Credit: Archant
With the motocross season getting into full swing, the Woodbridge and DMCC are preparing for an exciting and action packed year ahead at their Blaxhall venue. RICK BLYTH looks ahead to some of the exciting action coming up at the Suffolk circuit.
During the 2017 season the Woodbridge club will be hosting four motocross events including a round of the prestigious Maxxis ACU British Motocross Championship.
The first meeting of the season will take place on Sunday, April 2 and feature line-ups of Experts and Junior graded riders.
Entries for this event are already open and with a number of Experts and up and coming Junior riders already entered it is sure to be an great days racing to start the season.
The meeting will also include the opening round of the NGR Championship for riders over the age of 30.
You may also want to watch:
On May 28, the club will be hosting the third round of the Bickers Lifting ACU Eastern Motocross Championship for both Expert and Junior classes. Following his title-winning success as the ACU Eastern and MX Nationals Expert Champion, Luke Parker, will be looking to defend his crown.
The Norwich based rider will face tough competition from former champion and team-mate Luke Benstead, while Shaun Southgate, Declan Whittle, Jason Morland, and Brad Tomlin and many more will all be looking to put on a good show in the Expert Class.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
After being awarded ‘Maxxis Organiser of the Year’ for the 2016 event at Blaxhall the club are pleased to be hosting the sixth round of the Maxxis ACU British Motocross Championship supported by Pro Clean on Sunday July 16.
For this year the event will feature a new class running alongside the Maxxis MX1 and MX2 classes which is the all new ACU British 2 Stroke Championship.
Grand Prix riders from across Europe will be competing against Britain’s best with three championship classes and six races. Local front runners will include Jake Nicholls (Ipswich) and Elliott Banks-Browne (Bury St Edmunds) who will both compete in front of their home crowd alongside other local stars such as Lewis Tombs, Shaun Southgate and George Grigg-Pettitt. The final meeting of the year will be on the Sunday, September 24, when the club will host round six of the Bickers Lifting ACU Eastern Motocross Championship. For any more information - www.woodbridgemcc.co.uk or Facebook page.