Blog: Yes, Thierry Henry handled the ball. Get over it
So, the plucky Republic of Ireland will not play in next year's World Cup after that nasty man Thierry Henry blatantly handled the ball before setting up the goal which set Irish eyes a-crying.
So, the plucky Republic of Ireland will not play in next year's World Cup after that nasty man Thierry Henry blatantly handled the ball before setting up the goal which set Irish eyes a-crying. Zut alors!
And the Gunner reject even had the cheek to admit that it was a handball. Why didn't he stop playing there and then? Why can't the game be replayed? Why didn't the ref see it? Cheating like this can't be allowed - let's start a petition!
Please, stop it. Yes, Henry handled the ball. He almost caught it, in fact. It was blatant. And yes, it would be nice if players owned up there and then to any questionable incidents of 'gaining an advantage'.
But give yourself a slap and say hello to the real world.
- Read more now, and have your say, in Mark Heath's Playing the Links blog.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years