Blog: Yes, Thierry Henry handled the ball. Get over it
So, the plucky Republic of Ireland will not play in next year's World Cup after that nasty man Thierry Henry blatantly handled the ball before setting up the goal which set Irish eyes a-crying.
So, the plucky Republic of Ireland will not play in next year's World Cup after that nasty man Thierry Henry blatantly handled the ball before setting up the goal which set Irish eyes a-crying. Zut alors!
And the Gunner reject even had the cheek to admit that it was a handball. Why didn't he stop playing there and then? Why can't the game be replayed? Why didn't the ref see it? Cheating like this can't be allowed - let's start a petition!
Please, stop it. Yes, Henry handled the ball. He almost caught it, in fact. It was blatant. And yes, it would be nice if players owned up there and then to any questionable incidents of 'gaining an advantage'.
But give yourself a slap and say hello to the real world.
You may also want to watch:
- Read more now, and have your say, in Mark Heath's Playing the Links blog.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles